Have you ever dreamed about creating a business not just for your family needs and your own expression, but for something more than this?
When thinking about taxi business I always had an opinion that the most value created in this activity is by taxi drivers. Is it acceptable that necessitous person with a car (sometimes it is the only asset he or she has as a tool for income) may be craftily used as bricks to built corporations with billions of share value? The share value where owners share only very little with those who created this value by sweat and time spent in traffic.
May we change this ?
I have hope that the answer may be "yes" if we approach taxi business with other than usual business logic and unique tools.
So here goes "What if's":
1. What if we will create a taxi operator as a non-profit organisation with purpose to support taxi drivers with orders, car repairs for beginning drivers and drivers with small kids?
2. What if the taxi app will not charge fixed amounts from the driver pe r ride, but will ask him free offer for operator when driver have sufficient income already collected so driver pays operator when he or she is satisfied with operator performance? (You may think of this driver to operator relation as of parishioner with local church where believer is not pressed to pay church bills, but is kindly asked to offer amount he is capable to offer).
3. What if taxi app will have short ads when starting, and customers will know that income from ads are targeted to charity and support of drivers with big families?
4. What if we will ask customers to choose in app - do they want to pay lowest possible rate for the ride (and exhaust driver efforts as corporations do) or do the want to pay regular rate and proudly support driver and pay small amount to non-profit operator efforts.
5. What if all income and expenditure reports of non-profit operator would be free accessible to the community and will be audited periodically?
I assume that there will be much more of "what if's", "how's" and "why's" in the process of creation of what has been described here.
To be short I just want to reveal that in 2003 I have purchased domain www.taksi.lt
Since that time I have watched how taxi business evolved from healthy private local business activity with no IT technology to expansion of corporations with lots of technology and yet clear goals to outsource local taxi drivers community funds to corporate accounts.
We are at the stage when local communities needs different apps, different taxi business logic, different targets and different minded people to become successful not for corporations, but for our communities.
I hope that this fundraising may be a good start for a development of better type of taxi operators than we know now. I would be grateful for any assistance - both financial and expertise.