US$560.00Donated So Far
The campaign owner has stopped the page from accepting further donations. Please contact them if you'd still like to donate
Healers of the Jungle!
The indigenous midwives at Amupakin defend the practices of ancestral medicine and natural birthing in the Ecuadorian Amazon. Amupakin is a source of vital wisdom for the entire world , and it is crucial to protect it. Let’s help!
1. In the modern world it is difficult to obtain valid and accessible medical cures that respect your body and your culture. In terms of childbirth, often women are considered just a number, worth only the minimum expenditure of time and money.
2. Standard medicine does not fulfill the cultural needs of indigenous people whom require treatments that align with their traditional beliefs, paying respect to their languages and customs.
3. Ancestral practices are a powerful alternative to "western medicine”; without government support, these practices become invalid and untrusted, meaning lower economic classes cannot access these treatments.
What We Do
The indigenous midwives at Amupakin practice ancestral medicine to protect and care for women and their babies. The midwives come from far and wide, working hard to provide culturally responsive care, on 24 hour shifts, without consistent payment. Using traditional methods we provide natural, respectful, noninvasive medical attention for patients before, during, and after birth. Our goal is to offer these services for free to every woman.
All of the medicines we use are hand made by the midwives using ancient traditional knowledge, and it is vital to validate and preserve the wisdom these grandmothers have.
1. To offer our services free of charge!
Because Amupakin does not have government support, we cannot afford to offer our medical services for free, like they do in the hospitals here. This discourages those who could benefit most from the traditional treatments we practice.
2. To strive for dignity and wisdom!
The midwives work without a guaranteed salary, essentially as volunteers, traveling great distances just to aid their community. We want to ensure them the fixed salary they deserve, dignifying their knowledge and service.
3. To protect and spread the traditional wisdom of the ancestors to future generations.
How your donations support our cause
- You help a new life into this world! With $100 a delivery is performed.
- Take care of a midwife! Contributing $50 to the daily living costs of a midwife gives her freedom to continue her work as a healer.
- Join us in the fight for wisdom and indigenous rights! We accept every donation with appreciation: every dollar counts!
No updates for this campaign just yet