My goals (In a nutshell) :
1. Raise $850 to run an event at the Ronald McDonald House Toronto, called 'Home for Dinner'
2. Enlist up to 12 volunteers to join me on October 4 (Sunday) from 2pm to 8pm!
2. Raise additional funds (ideally $850 as well) to be sent as donations to the Distress Centre (where I volunteer!)
COME HOME AND MAKE DINNER WITH ME :)
Email: [email protected] for details
About the Ronald McDonald House:
The RMD House is a "home away from home" for seriously ill children and families to heal better together. Without the House, families would have to stay in hotels or sleep in waiting rooms to be close to their child while they are in hospital or awaiting treatment.
Most families are from Ontario, and some from other parts of Canada. The children that stay at the House are being treated for a range of issues like cardiac, oncology, hematology, neonatal, gastrointestinal and other conditions. Home for Dinner is one night where our group would make dinner for the families (all 140 people!) that occupy the House throug
hout the year.
About the Distress Centre:
I'm so proud to be part of this organization with over 15,000 volunteers trained over the last 48 years at Canada's first suicide prevention hotline... with more than 120,000 calls every year!
THE FUN BIT.... DONATION GIFTS!For your donations, dear friends and family, I will send you some awesome gifts...
- The biggest and best hug you'll ever receive... for $10 (step right up, folks!)
- A Custom Pen & Ink Illustration by yours truly of whatever you like... for $50 (let me know what you want)
- A painting by moi! I'll have a series of four paintings that you can choose from... for a $100 donation! (of varying dimensions)