Ananda Vatika Green Gurukula: Mission and Objectives
(September 8, 2016)
At Ananda Vatika Green Gurukula, founded on August 18, 2016 and started the
very next day i.e. on August 19, the teachers are trying to impart the
basic life-skills to their students so that they can compete in any
examination of life. The education system -- which the teachers at the
Ananda Vatika Green Gurukula or AVGG call “education beyond the school
walls and ahead of the school syllabi” system -- calls for fundamental
positive changes in the personality of the students.
The following objectives will be achieved at AVGG:
1. The Gurukula Paddhwati or System as well as Green philosophy and
values will be practiced.
2. The education will be free of cost and in an open and fearless
environment meaning respect and dignity of the students to be maintained.
3. One of the main objectives of AVGG is to check the unwilling
migration in search of quality education in English language. If free
quality education in English medium is imparted at the doorsteps of the
village-parents, they will not migrate to the cities and towns.
4. If AVGG succeeds in checking the unwilling migration, we will be able
to save our villages, its agriculture, horticulture, local ecology and
5. If migration is checked with these efforts, the population in the
villages will also increase leading to more and more business and
6. Ananda Vatika will support fair, transparent and Green trade and
7. The education will be pedagogic and the students will be taught in
Hindi and English languages.
8. The students’ local mother-tongues will also have adequate space.
9. Another main objective of AVGG is to save and strengthen the
government school system as only the government can impart free and easily
accessible education. Therefore, AVGG will follow the “School-after-School”
and “Syllabi-Ahead-of-School- Syllabi” concepts strictly. This concept will
never disturb with the government education system. Instead, it will fill
the learning gaps of the government school going students.
10. The students will learn and restore the traditions and folk-science
practices of our ancestors. We expect them to translate these practices in
11. The students will be trained in the folk-sciences of the Uttarakhand
Hills like how to make a traditional water conserving body – Naula or a
traditional water mill called Gharaat!
12. The students will learn the techniques of recycling and managing the
organic and non-organic waste and converting their kitchen waste into
organic manure for their kitchen gardens.
13. AVGG will help its students save their culture and traditions, local
languages and ethos.
14. The students will be engaged in the hands-on activities on a regular
15. The students will be trained in the traditional musical instruments
like Dhol, Damaun, Ranasingha, Daunra, Thali, Hudka, etc., so that the
cultural aspect of our life is preserved for generations to come.
16. The students will have the opportunity to learn the folk music and
17. Inspirational film shows will be organised on Saturdays.
18. Life-skills will also be taught to the local women by engaging them in
the traditional organic agriculture and horticulture, crafts like basket
making, spinning the wool, making designer woollen sweaters, multiple
handloom activities, making traditional and organic farming productive and
beneficial, poultry, animal husbandry, milk products, etc., etc.
19. Teachers will have the opportunity to learn the Ananda Vatika skills
in learning and teaching.
If we all achieve the AVGG Mission and Objectives by following the local
traditions in a Green and fair way, the Ananda Vatika Green Gurukula will
prove to be a successful authentic education model.