A Lust for Life is a multi-award winning movement that uses content, campaigns and events to facilitate young people to be effective guardians of their own mind - and to be the leaders that drive our society towards a better future.
- A world where humanity is the headline act on the main stage
- Empower future generations to be effective guardians of their own minds
- Destroy the stigma that attempted to destroy previous generations and
- Drive a shift in society where we put people first
A Lust for Life began as a personal story of a man, Niall ‘Bressie’ Breslin, who struggled with his own mind.He started a blog ‘My 1000 Hours’ about his own story and soon discovered that sharing stories really helped others.
From that, on October 1st 2015, A Lust for Life was born and it started life as a website for people to share personal stories and get expert insight and information from a wide range of mental health professionals.
Since then we have worked to educate, uplift, support and empower by normalising the conversation around mental health and wellbeing using our website and social media content. We bring people together in events across Ireland to nurture strong communities, cultivate compassion and solidarity. We advocate for systemic change - maintaining regular constructive solution-based dialogue with government and policy makers on key issues pertaining to mental health. We also partner with media to influence cultural change – providing a platform for the issues and stories that need to be heard.And more recently we have begun campaigns and programmes to help younger people by equipping and empowering them with the skills and tools to become effective guardians of their own minds.
100% of funds are reinvested directly back into A Lust for Life programmes and operations, to enable us to;
- Empower future generations with the resources to navigate the ups and downs of life through our Schools Wellbeing Programme.
- Equip future generations with tools and voice to be effective custodians of a culture and society that prioritises its people through our innovative campaigns such as forthcoming campaigns ‘Not the End of the World’ and ‘Gone Past Talking’.
- Facilitate future generations to lead, connect and learn through content inspired and architected by them through our website and social media channels.
We completely rely on the generosity of the public to fund our work and so far together we have achieved great things!Please do continue to support us so we can provide future generations in Ireland with the resources to recognise and talk about their emotions, and equip them to navigate the ever-changing world around them as they grow.
- €8+ Lusty Lifer Sound Head - you get to feel the warm and fuzzies of being a totally sound head
- €20+ Lusty Lifer Tribe - you join the inner A Lust for Life Circle, and get to help us craft campaigns and ideas for future focus
- €100+ Lusty Lifer Insider - you get a Little Book of Sound, and you get early access to the podcast, get invited to submit questions in advance, and all previous rewards
- €250+ Lusty Lifer Access All Areas - you move to top of the list for any potential private ALFL events, where you can meet and have the chats with the A Lust for Life team, plus all other previous rewards.