American Muslim Preparatory Academy is an educational institution dedicated to developing future leaders who will contribute solutions to the world through:
- Thoughtful Dialogue
- Spirited Service
- Innovative Methods
Our mission is to cultivate a distinct American Muslim identity in our students that exemplifies democratic ideals through an Islamic framework.
Our Motto is: Proud to be American, honored to be Muslim, learning to be of service.
As the Muslim community of the Boston surrounding area grows, so does the need for educational institutions that support high school requirements. Our program will have a strong emphasis on academic excellence and leadership in an Islamic environment.
Goals for the Proposed High School Program
- Strong Academics Rigorous curriculum to meet state standards
- Offer AP classes starting with 10th grade
- The option of dual enrollment for 11th and 12th grade students with Northern Essex Community College
- Strong Quranic Arabic and Islamic Studies Program
- Offer extra-curricular activities (volunteer, science clubs, etc) to meet Ivy League school requirements
- Qualifying entrance exam to accept high achieving students
- Become a fully accredited high school after one year of operation
- Experienced high school administration with strong track record
- Qualified effective teachers
- Character education specialist to help integrate Islamic values into curriculum
- Community Leadership Program/Extra-curricular activities
- Community volunteer Program
- A counselor-approved graduation project requirement in one of the following areas: Humanitarian, Interfaith, Political, Social ü Club participation (Science, robotics, debate…)