A Lust for Life is an award winning Irish wellbeing movement created to transform how we talk about and treat mental health. A Lust for Life is a registered charity. Registered Charity Number is 20157913. CHY Number is 21993.
Our Vision is world where the wellbeing of humanity is the headliner on the main stage, and everything else is a support act.
Our Mission and enduring purpose is to:
- Support, inspire and empower people to take care of their own minds
- Change societal norms around mental health, humanising the conversation
- Change societal infrastructure, so that we always catch people when they fall
What do we do?
Our approach is based on 4 key principles:
- CAMPAIGNS – powerful national campaigns which focus on tenaciously driving social change in key areas of mental wellness
- INTELLIGENT VOICE – responding to issues pertaining to mental wellness as they emerge in society and in particular the media.
- INNOVATION – incubating new ideas to drive social change – which may ultimately evolve into new campaigns
- INTERVENTION – while we are clear on the focused campaigns we will drive there are a series of important issues/interventions in which we will continue to engage with on an ongoing basis
We use a combination of each of the following four channels in all of our activity:
- Our WEBSITE and its content has helped educate, uplift, support and empower millions of people since our launch by normalising the conversation around mental health and wellbeing.
- Our ADVOCACY work has allowed us to engage and communicate at a policy influencing level, working closely with our allies and advisors in the mental health community, joining the dots and helping to facilitate much needed change.
- Our MEDIA partnerships have been vital to help us influence culture change creating greater awareness of the issues and magnifying stories that need to be heard.
- Over 15,000 people have taken part in our EVENTS which have nurtured strong communities, cultivated compassion and solidarity all throughout Ireland.