Hi everyone, this is for my father, Jesus “Jess” Docot.
He's a PWD and was hospitalized for 55 days due to complications in his heart, lungs, pancreas, and kidneys.
October 17, we rushed him to the nearest hospital because of severe abdominal pain. He was admitted and was subjected to a series of tests but after 4 days of no progress, we then transferred him to St. Luke’s for better medical attention.
He was unable to sleep, eat, or even drink water. He’s vomiting but no bowel movement. His stomach began to bloat and this lead to another complication –his kidneys.
My father already has an existing chronic kidney disease and the new findings showed that his kidneys were swollen and his creatinine count spiked too. He was advised for dialysis and also went under surgery for a ureteric stenting to assist the urine flow of his kidneys.
Another lab test presented that my father has swollen pancreas.
Due to these complications and severe blood infections, he was admitted twice to the Medical Intensive Care Unit. The first case was due to a Myocardial Infarction – a heart attack where in he stayed in the MICU for about 5 days, and on the second time he was there for 3 days.
We consulted 6 different doctors: General Surgeon, Urologist, Cardiologist, Nephrologist, Gastroenterologist, and an Infectious Disease and Tropical Medicine Expert. He took special medicines for his nutrition and strong antibiotics to address infections. We were able to discharge him from the hospital by signing promissory notes, figures that are quite too big. He’s also undergoing dialysis 2 times a week to aid his kidneys. And with all of these combined, the medical expenses are overwhelming. We have incurred Php1,527,122.13+ excluding professional fees.
So here I am, humbly requesting your good hearts for assistance.
Something you must know about my father, he’s a differently-abled Person with Disability (PWD). He’s been wheelchair-bound since he was 27 years old due to a spinal injury and now that he’s 75, his journey is not easy but it is beyond inspiring.
- For 17 years he served as the General Manager of Tahanang Walang Hagdanan, a rehabilitation center for PWDs.
- He’s an active advocate of PWD rights.
- For 9 years, he also represented the PWDs in Region IV in the National Anti-Poverty Commission (NAPC).
- He's the author of E.O 417 National Council of Disability Affairs, directing the implementation of the economic independence program a.k.a more livelihood for PWDs.
- Even upon his retirement he built a small woodshop to help provide jobs to PWDs and their families.
- He’s a painter, a writer, a poet, a mentor, a loving husband, and the best father, not only to me but to the whole PWD community.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.
May God bless us all.
If you're uncomfortable to do transactions via this site, you may use the bank accounts below:
BPI #3999 2626 18, Therese Ma. Francesca Immaculata S. Docot
BDO#005540074859, Raymond S. Tolentino (My husband's account)
Bank of Commerce #007 0000 2094 4, Jesus H. Docot