US$2,620.00raised of $12,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Alive is a story about an extremely socially awkward man who after losing his Fiancé is now forced to grieve in a socially acceptable manner in the midst of canceling the whole wedding he planned with her.
- People often despise others who don't fit into the ‘normal societal bracket’. Being an extremely socially awkward man, our anti-hero protagonist, Jeff, has his own way of dealing with the loss which is often tagged as 'weird' by the world. Interacting with humans has never been Jeff's strong point. Lucy was his gateway to normalcy to the outside world. Losing her has taken away his shield and the only person he ever loved or could tolerate around him. While he often feels forced to deal in the socially correct manner, Jeff also needs to deal with the wedding cancellation, a responsibility Lucy's best friend Sara has taken upon herself. Sara's way of grieving her best friend's loss is much more overt compared to Jeff. Not being a fan of Jeff’s personality, Sara feels stuck yet responsible to take care of the wedding cancellations and Jeff himself. Her defense mechanism to the grief is to work her way out of it while being a self proclaimed help to Jeff. Alive taps into the different ways people deal with the loss and grief of a loved one.
This story is about acceptance. Acceptance about the fact that people have different ways of grieving and you should let them be! Just because it is different , Does not make it wrong!
- This story is important to me because it stems from personal experience. Having suffered the loss of a loved one very recently, makes me put my heart into this script and give my characters the chance to grieve for me. Grief is a complex feeling. One that differs from one person to another. Having seen my family grieve through the loss, has made me realize the fact: Let them be! Let them have their own journey towards acceptance. This story is my attempt to show : Your way of grieving is okay!
Shaily Sanghvi is a writer and filmmaker looking to explore the tiniest yet the most complex emotion an individual goes through. Being a student of psychology has really helped her add layers to understanding human behavior. Having interned under a psychologist, gave her a strong insight into human emotion and dissecting human behavior allowing her to explore them in the stories she develops now. Her first peak into the entertainment industry was as a creative intern for a television show, giving her the chance to understand the working of a set. Paving her way into her first job as a Creative Associate to the JMD of India’s leading production house opened the gateways for her to understand different mediums of storytelling and understand audience’s preferences in each. Working heavily in the development side molded her skills to finesse the essentials of storytelling and scriptwriting. She later went on to work as a Creative Producer bagging in the necessary skills to develop,pitch and sell her concepts into the market. Working on various shows as a freelancer gave her an opportunity to apply her previous experience and run the set as she saw her words come to life. As a student filmmaker, she has directed more than 10 short films and music videos out of which several are on their way to film festivals. .She strongly believes that there is no black and white, humans thrive in the gray area, and aims to explore those aspects of a character through her films, like in Alive. Alive will be her most personal and heartfelt movie she will direct. She aims to continue tapping into complex emotions and bring them to justice on screen.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
We aim at complete transparency with this project to each and everyone contributing to it in any manner. Which is why you deserve to know why we need your help.
- It is going to be a 4 day shoot at the end of June 2022 with a crew of 21+ cast of 4 working together to pull this project off and make it happen! Crew and cast is of utmost importance to us, it is them that will make this belief come to life. With the schedule each member will be getting meals (4*25) along with crafty services each day.
- COSTLIEST AFFAIR? LOCATIONS! With 5 locations to film in, locations take up the maximum budget! With location comes Production Design and actor wardrobe. Each location will be designed to fit into the world of Jeff which means dressing up locations to add to his character and build up the world.
- Filming in LA = Permits,Insurance and Taxes! If you believe in something to be successful, let’s do it the right way!
We need your help to make this come to life and push all forces together to make the best version of this story!
WHAT DO YOU GET
The fact that you believed in us makes a difference! Any contribution big or small is appreciated.
- If you donate $20 - We really appreciate your faith in us <3
- If you donate up to $100 - You get to be a part of the team and earn a 'Special Mention ' in credits
- If you donate up to 500- You earn the credit of the ‘Associate Producer’ for Alive, on IMDb, social media, Alive Webpage and all Film Festivals.
- If you donate up to 1000 - You earn the credit of the ‘Executive Producer’ for Alive, on IMDb,social media, Alive Webpage and all Film Festivals.
- If you donate more than $1000 - You will be invited to all the private screenings of Alive on any platform.
- If you can't contribute, help us spread the word ! Support and Love are never enough!
We promise to keep complete transparency and are happy to answer any questions that you may want to ask us. Your contribution to this project will be an addition to the pieces of confidence telling us that we can do this! We appreciate you in every way whether you are able to contribute in your capacity or give us a shout out. It means a lot to us.
No updates for this campaign just yet
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'Alive'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'Alive'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign