(Helping my sister-in-law to raise fund for the treatment of her mother.)
A blessed day to everyone!
We, children of Aida Claveria Bautista is asking your good heart for some help for the treatment of our mother. We know that all of us are struggling due to this pandemic crisis but still we are asking for some financial assistance to pay the hospital bills of our mother.
It was March 2018 when she was diagnosed to have a Chronic Kidney Disease and started the dialysis treatment. And when this Covid virus infected the whole world, we took too much precaution for we know that our mother’s immune system is weak. She is always staying at home and the only time she will go outside is when her dialysis treatment is due. But unexpectedly, three days after her last dialysis session she showed some signs and symptoms of covid, (high grade fever, headache, difficulty of breathing and dry cough). We are still in denial that time but we send her right away in the hospital for covid swab test and went back home. We do some palliative treatment at home and after 2-3 days of waiting, report came and unfortunately the result is positive. Her symptoms are still there but no available facility to accomodate her, she was able to go to hospital for dialysis sessions but still not for covid treatment. As days pass by symptoms are getting worst and the only person taking care of her is our sister Jazmin(who is also positive now together with our father and other 2 brothers), she have already oxygen at home to support her breathing but still we can see that it is not enough. We waited for 7days when we finally find a facility for her. When the doctor checked on her, they found out that her condition is a severe covid case as her lungs are already damaged and will need a hemoperfusion together with hemodialysis. And now the dilemma is there, aside from we know that the procedure will be more expensive and we don’t have that much money to pay,our other concern is that we are also not sure if our mother is strong enough to do the procedure. But when we saw her that she is fighting and wanted to do it, we took the risk and decided to go for it. She underwent 4 sessions of Hemoperfusion and survived it. But have to undergo some blood transfusion as her hemoglobin level becomes very low. The doctor also referred her to Cardiologist because of uncontrolled high blood pressure. Right now she have to continue her regular dialysis (3x a week) and she have to be on high flow oxygen therapy as her oxygen level in the blood deteriorates time to time. We are now waiting for some antibiotic injections (Tocillizumab) to treat the severe lung infection.
We are very thankful to our family, relatives, workmates and friends who helped us to pay the partial bill, but still treatment is on going and the bill is getting out of our hand. As of yesterday the bill is P591, 200.38 (12,219.84USD). Your monetary support will be a big help to extend our mother’s life. We will be forever grateful to all of you.