My group and I are trying to construct an educational tool for visually handicapped children.
Alphabet Flashcards in Tactile with Audio Guide for Visually Handicapped Children
Why: Among blind children, 70% cannot read Braille
The Learning Process of Blind Children:
Blind children traditionally learn from an educational tool being read to them by a third party (Teacher, parent, guardian). But in our output, we will be able to eliminate the need for the third party and let the visually impaired children learn on their own.
More so, blind people are haptic & phonetic learners.
What we will be able to accomplish with your help:
- Aid the illiteracy among blind children
- Produce a local product that aids in special education
- Wide opportunity that this may be adapted into mass production
- Give the parents of these children the luxury of time to be more productive
- Local production of an original and educational product
- Local recognition among charitable groups