Join us on an Off-Road Triathlon and support our colleagues at Aggyshadow Catering
Over the past 10 years, OTS South Africa and Nsasani have hosted over 130 field courses in South Africa, visiting over 30 different field sites, traveling more than 300,000 kilometers, and spending roughly 2000 days on the road. Our long-time partners and friends at Aggyshadow Catering - Ali, Mary, Johanson, and Erik - have supported us every step of the way, making sure that come rain or shine, stove or fire, we were all able to enjoy a meal together at the end of each day.
The current pandemic has put a hold on much of our field-based training programming. Although we are happy to be in good health and confident that we will be able to support field research and training as soon as it is safe to do so, we would like to lend a hand to Alii, Mary, Johnson, and Erik by providing startup funding for a small catering business idea which they would like to pursue. With your help, we can assist them with taking the next step in this endeavor.
Mary, Johanson (Majojo), Ali, Erik, boode!
Anywhere, just submit your times and photos
24 October 2021 (or anytime before the end of November!)
Off-road Triathlon - an event for every meal!
|Swim||500 m||1.6 km (1 mile)|
|Bike||16 km (10 miles)||32 km (20 miles)|
|Run||5 km (3.5 miles)||11 km (7 miles)|
HOW TO SUPPORT?
Join as a supporter or as an athlete, see below.
Option 1. Join as a supporter
Show your support for these great people by donating to this fundraising campaign. Any donation will be highly appreciated, but if you are at a loss, consider a donation of $50 (~$2 per mile) to help us reach our target.
We will be participating from Skukuza on Sunday, 24th of October 2021, sharing pictures along the way.
Prizes are available for the Ultimate Supporters (see below). Complete the online entry form to be eligible for prizes.
Option 2. Join as an athlete
Participate in the virtual triathlon! The choice of distance (Half-portion or Full Plate) and route is up to you, just remember to share some pics along the way. Be sure to check out the prizes section below.
If you would prefer to do just one of the events, no problem! Just select your event and you will be added to the individual events board. Road bikes are permitted, but frowned upon...
To register as an athlete:
- Please make a donation to the cause, $50 or more per entry (although any amount will be appreciated). For more information about how donations will be used, see below.
- Complete the online entry form. You will receive an email with details of how to submit your times, share your race pics, and any event rules (there aren't any really).
- Ask your friend to support you per km/mile by donating to this campaign.
HOW WILL YOUR DONATION BE USED?
All proceeds from the campaign and event will go to the establishment of a food stall business which will be run by the team as an additional income generation project. Initial costings for site rental, cooking equipment, and stock come to roughly $7,000.
Prizes to support this campaign are available for the following categories
- Trimaster5000: Best overall time for the full event. The prize consists of a 5-night stay at the recently opened researcher accommodations at the SSLI Campus. We have already started training... just saying.*
- Individual Event Awards: Best individual event times for the run/swim/cycle (full-plate distances). Each prize consists of a roast chicken and a canvas print of your choice (we will send some options to choose from). One prize per event.
- Ultimate Supporter Award: Prize for the most money raised. The winner will receive a 7-night stay at the recently opened researcher accommodations at the SSLI Campus.
* this is not true
HOW TO PREPARE
Cheesy pap recipe can be downloaded here.