In 2015, conflict and natural disasters left many Afghans without proper shelter, including families who lost their homes and loved ones in the recent earthquake in Badkhshan, and families internally displaced due to on going conflict across the country. These vulnerable people, particularly those in refugee camps will be exposed to severe winter conditions.
Many homeless children in Afghanistan are already severely weakened by malnutrition, heavy snowfalls and the extreme cold weather can lead to pneumonia. Peaking in January, each year pneumonia accounts for the highest number of disease related deaths.
Help us prevent winter deaths. Your generous donations will go a long way and will keep many vulnerable children and adults warm this winter.
The monies raised will be used to:
- Transport a 40ft container of aid from the UK to Afghanistan
- Purchase fire wood & food essentials such as flour, rice & oil
- Help repair homes & schools stricken by the recent earthquake
Please make sure that all items are in good condition and that they are clean and folded. Only give what you would offer to a friend!
Most needed - for men, women, children & babies (winters are long & harsh)
- Winter coats, jumpers, sweatshirts, warm trousers, socks, hats, gloves & scarves
- Blankets & sleeping bags,
- Shoes, wellies & boots (please tie together or put each pair in a plastic bag, or they will get separated)
We are also collecting education materials for schools such as:
- Educational books
- Laptops, computers & monitors (Flat screen monitors only. The clunkers require too much electricity)
- Lab equipments
- Backpacks and more.........
No one has ever become poor by giving. – Anne Frank