What is this Adult Coloring Book about?
Hi guys! My name is Clement Choo. Adult coloring books have become really popular in the last few years and I became addicted to it. When Secret Garden became popular, I looked at the idea of creating my own coloring books. I plan to create, design and publish my first adult coloring book in this year.I started by creating a set of adult coloring pages about Sarawak related products and plan to publish and sell them as coloring books. My books are 30 pages a piece and depending on the difficulty creating these determined the price.
And I'm trying to self-publish my first Adult Coloring Book! I plan for publishing and selling my adult coloring books via my own website or on Create Space. This is an Amazon company and there is a lot of synergy between the print on demand platform and the Amazon online bookstore.Create Space allows me to submit my content and either make physical copies and deliver them to your home or you can get into various bookstore catalogues and Create Space will only print your coloring book whenever a sale is made. Hence, I need to raise USD2,000 to cover the production and delivery costs.
What does this money go to?
I will use your donations to pay for professional proofreading, editing, design, publishing and distribution of the first 1,000 copies. The book will firstly be published in Malaysia (my home country) and consequently translated and published elsewhere. I am forever grateful to all of you who support my project! The publishing won't be possible without you, so thank you in advance!
Generally speaking, the elements that will cost to produce my book are:
- Cover design - I like my covers to have exclusive images.
- Design & Editing costs– I’ve hired some artists to help, and will also be pulling copyright free images from out of print books. That will let me produce much faster, most just using photoshop to make collages of artwork. I do have a monthly subscription to Photoshop.
- Publishing Cost – To publishing and selling my adult coloring books via my own website or on Amazon need a cost. Besides, have to consider is currency exchange. The RM dollar is currently quite low. When purchasing the services in USD there’s a significant difference in pricing. The conversion from RM to USD. It can be too scary sometimes.
- Ordering a physical print copy - The cost of the books and the shipping fees is the biggest ongoing cost.
- General Costs– associated with working from home, electricity, computer, Stationery etc.
What Do I Get for Supporting?
Of course a crowdfunding campaign is not complete without REWARDS!
Yes, there is one "reward" that you'll be receiving should you decide to support this Adult Coloring Book.If you donate USD$200, we will put your name in a "special thanks" section at the end of our Book!
I am self-publishing, and need a little help in raising funds to pay the fees. I am incredibly grateful to everyone for their help in making a dream come true.
Support the arts! Thank you very much!
(Donations are accepted through PayPal. If you wish to send a check, please contact me.)