First of all, thank you for taking your time reading this.
Austin Cairo Obmerga, 23 years old, a previous IT student of De La Salle University- Dasmariñas (DLSUD), has been battling Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL), a type of lymphoma in which cancer originates from a specific type of white blood cells called lymphocytes.
We, the family of Austin Cairo, or AC (as we call him) are reaching out to you to help him in this fundraising for his medical needs. AC's medical journey began in July 2017 when solid masses were found in his right lower neck through an Ultrasound report.
• AUGUST 2017
Diagnosis: Neck masses were found and they were malignant cells (Histopathology Report). An excision was suggested.
Chest CT Scan Result: Large weakly enhancing non calcified mass. Enlarge right upper paratracheal lymph node. Small scarring in both lung apices and left lower lobe.
• OCTOBER 2017
- Surgical Pathology Report: Atypical Lymphoid Proliferation Suspicious for Lymphoma
- Surgical Pathology Report: Morphologic & Immunohistochemistry findings are compatible with the diagnosis of a Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- CT Scan was done for the whole abdomen triple phase with contrast.
• NOVEMBER 2017
- Underwent Chemotherapy (under Medical Oncologist) – “12 Cycles” (every 2 weeks which lasted for 6 months)
• JULY 2018
- PET/CT Scan Examination Report (as shown in the photo)
Findings: neck and chest – again seen are clusters enlarged lymph nodes
• SEPTEMBER 2018
- Recommended for RADIATION TREATMENT (under Radiation Oncology).
- Total Treatment Days: 25 Sessions
• OCTOBER 2018
- Contrast-Enhanced CT Scan of the Neck
- Findings: There is interval increase in the sizes and number of the innumerable predominantly solid parenchymal and subpleural nodules randomly distributed in the bilateral lungs.
• DECEMBER 2018
- Recommended for RELAPSED or REFRACTORY CHEMOTHERAPY and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Chemotherapy cycles started on Jan 2019 until March 2019
• MARCH 2019
- Test Blood (Plasma) Quantiferon TB Gold Plus
- Result: Tuberculosis infection NOT likely
• APRIL 2019
- CORE NEEDLE BIOPSY
- Result: Fragments of Fibrocollagenous Tissues with Necrosis and Calcifications; No Atypical Cells Seen; Negative for Acid fast Bacilli; Negative for Fungal Elements
• APRIL 2019 - MAY 2019
- Continued RELAPSED CHEMOTHERAPY
• JUNE 2019
- RELAPSED CHEMOTHERAPY (Brentuximab) + ICE CHEMOTHERAPY; 4 Days Confinement; PET CT SCAN
• JULY 2019
- RELAPSED CHEMOTHERAPY (Brentuximab) + ICE CHEMOTHERAPY; 3 Days Confinemen
• AUGUST 2019
- PET CT SCAN
• SEPTEMBER 2019
- RELAPSED CHEMOTHERAPY (Brentuximab) + ICE CHEMOTHERAPY; 3 Days Confinement; 8 cycles out of 16 cycles
After all these treatments, AC is finally a candidate for AUTOLOGOUS BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT (HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELL TRANSPLANT).
We, his family, created this Fundraiser as a result of many people asking how they can help. Now that he is ready for BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT, it has been more challenging for his parents to keep up with its cost. His parents have sought help from different government programs to help subsidize the costs, however, with all the long-term treatment and medications over the next few months, they will need all the help they can possibly get, including financially.
We are humbly asking for your support on AC’s journey in fighting cancer.
Other Bank Options FOR SUPPORT:
Marilyn Obmerga (AC's Mom) - +639088115767
Account Name: Marilyn Obmerga
Account Number: 3495-047-637
Account Name: Marites Mirondo
Account Number: 004530221043
Account Name: Marites Mirondo
Account Number: 004999-0549-14
You can also give your support by placing an order on “The Fight is ON Against Lymphoma” SHIRT.
More details here: https://www.facebook.com/wegotthisAC/
Buy a Shirt, Spread Awareness, and Wear Your Support for the Cause to END blood cancer!
I personally thank you for your generosity.