This project is intended to call you, our friends, and families of Davao or Davaoenos to be ABTIK. And, at these times, to be abtik is to do something to provide relief and assistance to communities and our neighbors in the region.
Whether you are living inside Davao or outside, even abroad, you CAN do something good and valuable while staying connected. This is exactly how this project was initiated.
This pilot project was initiated by young volunteer leaders who wanted to make a difference, make a connection to Davao even while far and to find a way to show care and support, especially in these challenging times. 2 of these volunteers, Lloyd and Arnolf, who are currently living in Japan and Albay City, were the first ones who chose to be involved. Feeling blessed, they believe it is time to connect to their own communities and do something for the underprivileged in their Purok and for the volunteers. Having communicated back and forth with the purok leaders, assessed possibilities and solutions on Saturday meetings, the team have come up with the following solutions:
WAVE 1 BENEFICIARY:
Those in need (lost job, bigger household, etc.) and who had insufficient relief for their families in Purok 3-B, Tibungco and Purok 7, Panacan; Ideal Target of 300 Priority Families or Households only for both areas.
- NEEDED IMMEDIATELY- Relief Packages Distribution (ideally Php 766/Pack equivalent to 3-5 days sustenance)
- NEEDED when FUNDS can cover - Volunteers' Appreciation, Protection, and Recognition via PPEs, transportation allowance and snacks, t-shirts
- NEEDED by JULY ONWARDS- Future mid to long term community projects (E-Learning assistance to students, community garden, etc.)
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- Advocate: share to your friends and loved ones about this opportunity to be involved
- Be Involved: if you think you can make an initiative for your community, approach us or if you know resources where we can avail some things at cheaper or more accessible way, let us know and we would love to be connected
- Connect: join our FB group (Abtik Davao) and like our page as we proceed with the project and as we invite our communities to share their stories. This is also our way to show you the progress and our gratitude for your involvement. We will appreciate if you can leave a message of love and hope. :)
- Donate: Any amount of donation is appreciated and is a blessing. But here are sample scenarios of how far your donation can go.
- USD 15.8 / Php 800/ JPY 1700: can sustain a family for 3-5 days
- USD 50 / Php 2530/ JPY 5370: can sustain 2 families for 3-5 days and can cover the transportation of all the packs
- USD 100 / Php 5060/ JPY 10,738: can sustain 6 families or can provide 45 volunteer shirts to uplift volunteerism in the community
- USD 300 / Php 15,180/ JPY 32,215: can sustain 20 families
- USD 1760/ Php 89,000/ JPY188,777 : can sustain 100 families/ household
- USD 2570/ Php 130,000/ JPY 275,742: can sustain 150 families/ household
- USD 4780/ Php 242,000/ JPY 513,449: can sustain 300 families/ household
As you see, there are different ways you can contribute no matter how big or small. Every drop counts and may create a ripple. Wherever you are, if you feel blessed and if you have more, you can share more and care more by reaching out and being involved.
This means a lot to these communities wherein some have lost jobs, some could not go back to their original hometowns and are stranded in Davao with no allowances. This can help with the families' endurance to live, and sustain the peace, harmony, health, and productivity of the next generations of Davao. This sparks and keeps faith in human kindness and action.
You CAN do something good today. And just by the thought that you took time to read this, that is goodness practiced, and thank you for that. Stay safe and take care.
Abtik Davao Covid 19 Project Team - Laur, Ryu, Lorraine, Lloyd, Arnolf, Blue