US$0.00raised of $3,000.00 goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
ABCs and Rice is a NGO in Cambodia that holds a very special place in my heart! Kids are being turned away hungry as there are not enough funds to cover costs at the moment- Let's change that! Even a small donation of $10 USD will help provide a ration of food for the week! Most of these families were living on $1 to $2 dollars per day that came from tourism which has now closed down completely in Siem Reap.
ABCs and Rice relies solely on donations from individuals like me and you. While living there in 2016-17 I was able to volunteer and see the amazing work they are doing! Here are some of the incredible things they normally do
- Feed two meals a day to over 270 children living in deep poverty – some of the food is provided from the ABCs farm which is run by disabled Cambodian workers giving them an income, skills workshops and more.
- Provide education for kids 4-18 years old -students attend half days in English taught by qualified Cambodian teachers who also receive on the job training- and then ABCs pays (because school is not free in Cambodia) for students to attend the Khmer school in the afternoon where they learn Khmer and Math. English is taught as tourism is one of the most important industries in Cambodia.
- Provide medical checkups, dental check-ups and vitamins for students
- Provides clothing for students which is donated by a variety of organizations
- Pays for tertiary education for those who graduate to make their dreams come true!
Lots of other things happen at ABCs including supporting nearby villages with water pumps and food and medicine.
During this difficult time the school is closed and children can come to school to pick up rice, eggs and vegetables to take home to their families. Soap is provided when available and children can wash hands at the school but many are living without running water. Currently children are being turned away hungry as there are insufficient funds to provide the food needed etc. Let's help those less fortunate than us during this pandemic. Every donation counts!
- helen Maffini
This support campaign was created Apr 25, 2020
No updates for this campaign just yet