We will all suffer but the poor will suffer most, as they always do.
Please, if you can, help us respond. This is beyond a crisis."
Harold Munro, The Vancouver Sun Children's Fund, Board Chair
We’ve been feeding vulnerable children in schools all year, including the child who sent us the above thank you which defines why we must with such beguiling simplicity.
But with schools closed indefinitely because of COVID-19 that's no longer possible.
These children must be fed. Teachers, administrators and charitable organizations are finding ways to do that.
The Vancouver Sun Children's Fund Society has liquidated $100,000 from an emergency fund to provide initial funding for these new programs. We want to do our part and we need your help.
Many others in the community have stepped up with matching donations to inspire others to give. We are grateful for all of our donation matching sponsoring partners:
- Sedin Family Foundation for their gift of $35,000 to kickstart the campaign
- Face The World Foundation for their gift of $12,000 to keep us going
- McGrane Pearson Foundation for their proactive response and gift of $10,000
- Lohn Foundation provided $25,000 in matching funds over and above the contributions they've made to our regular programs
- Summit Labels match funded $20,000 to boost your donations