Fund raising project for “ SPRINGS OF HEALING ACADEMY ” school for the children of Mrima village, Kwale County- Kenya Africa.
A story of NO’s
Can we pretend this is not happening? SPRINGS OF HEALING ACADEMY is the only school for the children of Mrima village, Kwale County Kenya .The story of this school is all about “NO’s”: children have NO food,NO water,NO lavatories,NO clothes,NO shoes,NO chairs,NO desks,NO books,NO booknotes,in one word NOTHING. Still they wake up early in the morning without having breakfast and walk to this school because it is their only hope for a better future.
We can’t pretend this is not happening.NO!And this is the only acceptable NO in this story while all the other NO’s must switch to YES’s,it`s up to each of us and it doesn`t matter how big or little we can give as far as all together we can be a FAMILY for these children, the only strength for a better future.
Emeritus plans to adopt a primary school in Mrima village,Dzombo- Kwale County Kenya for 53 kids. This project will equip the school with classroom furniture such as chairs, desks, blackboards, and science learning supplies and help with updating a play ground.
- Quality basic education for children
- Foster community participation in school management
- Build and improve classroom buildings and equipment
- Create safe and protective environments where children can learn and play
- Provide access to clean water and separate sanitation facilities for boys and girls in schools
- Supply exercise books, pens, proper furniture and other school and sports materials
- Train teachers to provide children with quality education and basic life skills
- Educate children about proper hygiene and prevention: this knowledge is passed on to siblings, parents, and the community at large.
- Provide other interventions, including but not limited to health check-ups, immunization and scholarships.