My mama is everything a mother could be: SELFLESS. She never complained of anything related to her health.
Mama was diagnosed of Rheumatic Heart Disease last October 4, 2016. She was told that she needed to undergo a major surgery to prolong her life. She was given Warfarin (Coumadin) as blood thinner while waiting for surgery. The news came hard to our family especially my papa.
After a week from her diagnosis, mama had 2 episodes of seizure. That's when my papa and sister decided to bring her to Cebu and have her be admitted in Chong Hua because of it's good reputation as a hospital.
She was admitted last October 12, 2016 under my HMO coverage. The insurance company was able to cover Php130,000 but was right away depleted after she underwent through different tests to make sure everythings good before her surgery. She went through CT scan, X-ray, ultrasound, EEG, 2D echo, and all sorts of blood tests. She also had Coronary Angiogram(Php60,000) to check for any blockage in her coronary arteries and multiple tooth extraction(Php20,000) to avoid damaged teeth related infections post surgery.
She finally had her Open Heart Surgery with Mitral and Aortic Valve Replacement(after paying the downpayment of Php350,000). The surgery went on for almost 5 hours before she was transferred to the CardioVascular Recovery Room after a successful operation. Or so we tought.
After the surgery, she had multiple episodes of seizures, pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia reaching up to 230 beats per minute, and Subdural Hematoma(brain clot). She also acquired pneumonia and even went into coma twice. All the possible complications that the doctors have advised before the surgery happened. She was then transferred to the ICU.
It came to a point wherein her daily medicine and supplies averaged Php50,000. My papa, sister, and I had to file for financial loans to sustain mama's medical needs. My uncles have been supporting us as well financially.
As of now, mama is already awake and is responsive. She had to go through Tracheostomy since her endotracheal tube was already overdue(we had to pay Php60,000 because of our running bill). She is currently figthing another bout of pneumonia.
As per her physicians, mama is fighting a very difficult battle. They were not expecting her to survive all those that she has gone through but they were happier to see that mama was able to survive and is progressing positively. Her doctors always tell us that if mama was able to weather all those storms so far, she would most likely see this battle through till the end; asking us at the same time to continue fighting for mama and ensure that her medications are always provided.
Today, we are averaging more or less Php25,000 a day while our running hospital bill is at Php1.8M. With this, I am knocking on your kind hearts to help us with our battle for mama's second shot at life. There's no such thing as "small" help. Any amount would really go a long way.
You can contact me on my mobile number +639179491269 or you can email me at [email protected] or find me on facebook (www.facebook.com/DonCamilosa).
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU