Let me introduce myself
I’m Filip - an oboist who has been bound up in music for 11 years now.
My friends call me “an oboe freak”, and my tutor Mr Dariusz Jędrusik says “the instrument is like an oxygen to him, he needs it to live”.
My life is music
I won’t be able to pursue my dreams without a professional oboe suited for my needs.
I can’t develop any further on my current school instrument and it has often been noticed by the juries in many competitions.
A new, professional oboe costs around 40 000 zlotys - approximately
9 000 euros (oboes by F. Loree – Paris or Howarth of London) and it’s way beyond my and my parents’ financial capacity.
Therefore I would like to ask you for a financial support so that I could buy the oboe that will allow me to develop further and do the thing I love - to play this “magical” instrument professionally.
It all started when…
Music has always been present in my life. When I was 3, I used to run around the house singing my favourite songs. With a little bit of imagination anything could turn into instruments. Varius everyday objects served as my instruments e.g. pans were cymbals and stools were my drums. Toy boxes and blocks were speakers and control desks.
Later in kindergarten I could experience music in a “professional” way for the first time thanks to a music club and I went absolutely mad about drums and the piano. Seeing my passion for music my parents took me to an open day in a Music School and that’s where I first saw it - an instrument with a strange name - the oboe. I remember I was extremely excited - I held it in my hands and I could “play” it :) and I got fascinated so my parents applied for a place in the school. At the age of 7 I was accepted and... that’s how it all started, my first great love - the oboe and the adventure with music.
At the beginning of my education I started to gain my first successes.
Seeing my great potential the schools have bought the instruments for me twice, however, the are not enough anymore.
I put all my heart into it
My passion requires hard work. My school days usually begin at 6 a.m. and finish after 7 p.m. - afterwards I study, do homework and rest a bit.
I practice regularly, at least 4 hours a day, I also participate in special workshops to develop my skills. Even though I’m often exhausted I keep smiling, that’s a sign that I do the thing I truly love.
My parents have supported me throughout all these years - they cover the costs of my participation in the competitions and buy special accessories necessary for the instrument, they encourage me with a good word and a smile. Because of my passion my dad has an extra job - he takes me to school, which is far away from where I live and picks me up every day. He also takes me to the competitions if there’s a need. They are usually far away too…
- I have received 25 awards in many prestigious competitions in Poland and abroad. Most of them were 1st and 2nd prizes. The most important ones for me were competitions in Italy, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Lithuania and Serbia.
- I have recorded solo and with orchestras. Among others I have recorded an album with Voltus Orchestra conducted by Mr Roman Hyla and with Camerata Silesia and Gospel Sound, which are well known groups, valued by critics.
- I have performed in many professional concert halls, among others, in Music Academy in Katowice and in the Grand Theatre in Warsaw with a Polish Youth Symphony Orchestra during the annual “Crazy Music Days”.
- Together with my Wind Quintet we had the honour to give a concert during the 2018 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Katowice. I also played with Per Tutti - Silesian Chamber Orchestra during the official ceremony of closing the Silesian Planetarium for the redecoration.
The coming months are going to be really busy for me, as I am going to participate in many important projects.
I’m going to perform with The Silesian Philharmonic Orchestra, Polish Youth Symphony Orchestra, The Chamber Orchestra of a State Secondary School of Music in Kraków.
I am also going to play a recital in Willa “Atma” in Zakopane.
I am going to apply for an audition for the participation in The European Union Youth Orchestra (EUYO), which is going to be an important experience for me.
I dream of being accepted to a prestigious Academy in Austria - Mozarteum University in Salzburg or The Anton Bruckner Private University in Linz, which would be a culmination of my music education.
Please help me pursue my dream and thank you for your kindness!!!
I will be grateful for sharing and any financial support
If you are interested in my work, follow the links:
- Recordings solo and with orchestra:
- Recordings with orchestras:
- solo from 1:55 to 3:20:
- solo from 0:15 to 0:50: