Please continue to send help through our updated campaign.
We created this campaign for our cousin, Katrina Pangilinan-Tamayao (30 yrs old from Manila, Philippines) who is currently undergoing chemotherapy for Lung, Bone and Liver Metastasis (Primary Breast CA Stage II-B (HER2+)).
- 2011: Kat fought breast cancer at a young age of 26. She went through mastectomy, 6 cycles of chemotherapy, radiation and Herceptin. It was long and painful treatment process for such a young girl. But all through her treatments, Kat has never lost her positive spirit and hope.
- 2015: By God’s grace, after the long and financially draining process, her cancer went on remission after 4 years.
- January 2014 : She got married. It was such an inspiring story of true love in the middle of trials. While we all thought her boyfriend Mark would choose to leave her because of her situation, he stayed, took care of our Kat, and promised to take care of her, for better or for worse. Everyone in our family were happy to see their love flourish amidst what we thought was their life’s biggest storm.
- December 2015: A few days before Christmas, Kat’s mother, our Tita Tess ( 52 years old) suddenly fell ill. We were shocked when we learned that she has Breast CA Stage IV and Liver, Bone and Blood Metastasis. It was a heartbreaking 2015 holiday season for Kat as she witnessed her mom’s painful and quick death—passing on just 2 weeks after they discovered her sickness. She passed away in January 2016, survived by her only child Kat. (Kat’s father passed away in his sleep in 1996, when Kat was only 12 years old).
A New Battle
The Cancer Recurred
- 2016: Just when she was trying to recover from her mother’s sudden death, Kat felt cripplingly painful back pains & sadly learned that her cancer has recurred. The hardest blow is that it has now metastasized in her bones. She immediately needs undergo 6 sessions of chemotherapy, radiation and Herceptin once again, in order to save her life.
Please Help Us Fund Kat’s 2nd Fight With Cancer
We created this campaign by faith, as it is our prayer to extend any form of support for our cousin.
As of the moment, the medical expenses has been overwhelming for this young couple. They had gone through so much for the past couple of years & we believe they deserve another chance to start over & build their lives together for more years to come.
Our hope is that her treatment will not only extend and improve her life, but will also make her feel that she is not alone in this journey. And though she may have lost her parents from whom she could’ve drawn strength during these trying times, God is still able to use people like you to let her know she is loved & cared for.
We are grateful for any form of support, as we believe that any help is a great help. A donation of 100, 500, 1000 pesos or more can go a long way in helping her win this battle.
Thank you in advance & God bless you all!
Janice Pangilinan & Janina Pangilinan-Villanueva
Here are Mark & Kat's bank details for those who want to send help through bank deposit:
Account Name: Katrina Pangilinan or Mark Tamayao
Account Number: 4879064282
Account Name: Katrina and Mark Tamayao