I want to build a South African owned smartphone giant to compete with the multi-national corporations that dominate our market. Not only that but I want to bring an affordable solution to the 50% of South Africans who do not own a smartphone and therefore do not have access to information and opportinities, further deepening inequality in our country.When they speak of 80% penetration, they do not speak about those left behind but rather the ones who already have access and I want to change that. Information is education and education is power!!
Aztec mobile is a fully African-owned, premier mobile smartphone provider which aims todeliver quality mobile devices to the African market at affordable prices.
Our core and guiding values are - Honesty, courtesy, integrity, leadership, innovation and people first.
Our vision is to become a serious competitor in the smartphone industry in South Africa and ultimately the SADEC region and the rest of the African continent, becoming a symbol of pride and achievement and an inspiration to the people of the continent.
Our short-term goals are to:
- Reach profitability within the first year of operation.
- Take over a minimum of 5% of the domestic smartphone market by the end of year 2.
- Achieve a nationwide service provider store network presence of at least 100 stores by the end of year 2.
- Achieve a 4 device product width by end of year 2.
Our long-term goals are to:
- Extend our market share by a further 5% by the end of year 5.
- Achieve a retail store presence within the clothing industry which often has a cash and credit facility for phone purchases in-store by year 3.
- Achieve a nationwide service provider store network presence across all service/network providers by end of year 5.
- Achieve a product depth of at least 2 devices with the smartphone at a minimum of 5 devices in its width and the tablet with a width of 2 devices by the end of year 5.