I want you to meet Flavius, an ultramarathon racer since 2017. Till now, he has run more than 10 competitions over 100KM, 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours.
His dream is now to go next level, to RaceAcrossEurope, a 4750km run, from Tallinn to Lisbon, in 2021 and I want to help him accomplish this dream.
This is the plan for 2021, to run in this competition that has reached its fourth edition: it has been organized in 2003 (Lisbon-Moscow), 2009 (Bari - Northern Cape), 2012 (Skagen, Denmark-Gibraltar) and next will be in 2021 (Tallinn- Lisbon).
Besides his deepest desire to get to the start, the physical and mental training that must be 200% of everything he has learned and done so far, the financial part is the only one that does not depend on him alone. Registration for this contest costs 5880 euros, the amount allows him to have the place insured at the beginning. It is a race of extreme physical endurance, psychic resistance to fatigue, exhaustion and pain.
He wishes to represent Romania, to be among the 99 runners who say yes to this challenge. We need as many people as possible in this project, which spans 2 years starting today.
I’m saying YES, are you willing to say YES?
Here are some of the COMPETITIONS from 2019
• 48 hours UltraMarathonFestival Athena - held in January 2019
• Ultrabalaton 221km 10-12 May 2019, www.ultrabalaton.hu
• Italian Ultra Marathon Festival September 16-22, 2019, www. 6giornidelpantano.com, IAU Bronz Label
• S24H Timisoara May 25-26, 2019, 12-hour trial, www.s24h.ro, IAU Gold Label
• Rosia Montana Marathon, June 23-24, 2019, www.rosiamontanamarathon.ro
• Ultransilvania 100km, July 26, 2019, night contest, start in Deva Fortress - Corvinilor Castle - finish Sarmiseghetuza Regia, www.ultransilvania.ro
• Hercules Mountain Marathon, 45 km, October 21, 2019, www.herculesmaraton.ro
and the Night Run from the scariest forest in Romania, Hoia-Baciu, in Cluj:
If you want to know more about the upcoming race in 2021: https://raceacrosseurope2021.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/erster-blogbeitrag/
Also, for everyone who will support Flavius in this journey and be part of the story, we have a Facebook group, to keep you up to date with every step of the training, progress and of course, the 3 months of running from Tallinn to Lisbon 😊.
Don’t forget to join the group!
Hoping you will want to be here with him in this experience, we thank you all for your support.
Thank you all so much!