Creative Hub Worcester After School Program is raising money for Giving Tuesday! - CHW After School is a state-subsidized After School Program for Worcester youth that focuses on the Arts and creativity - serving young people ages 6-14 in our community!
Our goal is to raise $5,000 in the next 5 days to help sustain our program! Help us today!
How does Creative Hub After School Program benefit the Worcester community?
- 30 young people attend our program every single day, Monday-Friday 2:30pm-5:30pm, for the entire school year.
- Our students get access to one-on-one homework assistance
- Our students get access to free and healthy snacks every single day after school
- Many of our students are in the foster care system, or their families are considered low-income
- Perhaps most significantly, we are the ONLY state-subsidized Arts-focused after school program in the city of Worcester, which means that families who are below a certain income level receive reduced or free childcare.
EACH AND EVERY DONATION, NO MATTER THE AMOUNT, GETS US ONE STEP CLOSER TO OUR GOAL.
DID YOU KNOW.......
- Students participating in after school programs have improved grades and classroom behavior.
- Participation in after school programs is directly associated with reduced drug use and criminal behavior. According to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- One in five students is unsupervised after the school day ends.
Creative Hub Worcester is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization
Ways You Can Help:
- Donate! Every amount matters!
- Want to purchase something directly from our holiday wishlist for the program? Check it out here and purchase directly from Amazon!
- Share our donation page on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Follow us at @creativehubwoo
- Have old art supplies or arts equipment that you would like to donate to our program??? Email us at [email protected]
- Stay connected. Follow Creative Hub Worcester on Facebook and check out www.creativehubworcester.org to stay up-to-date on our events and progress.
Pssst.....Your employer may match your donation! Check with your Director of Operations/Human resources department for more information.