URGENT! 316 DOGS in a Romanian shelter are in danger of starving to death or turning to cannibalism to survive. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
West Yorkshire Animals In Need, a well respected UK registered charity (number 1120275) concerned with animal welfare issues, is part of a team who are trying to raise these desperately needed funds and save the dogs. WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS! Please take a look at our website http://wyain.myfreesites.net
These are just a few of the dogs in danger of starving to death...
Let me give you some information on my charity West Yorkshire Animals In Need...
West Yorkshire Animals In Need, WYAIN, is an independent small, but perfectly formed, UK registered animal welfare charity and was founded in 2007 by animal lovers Tommi and Oliver Townsend who have devoted their lives to helping animals. WYAIN has gained an enviable reputation throughout the world and are proud of the fact that the charity is run entirely by volunteers.
Please take a look at our website http://wyain.myfreesites.net
WYAIN will try to help any animal in need wherever they are - animals do not have postcodes! Whether it's helping donkeys in India, dogs in Romania, cats in Egypt and animals in the UK.
We will be there to offer any help and advice we can. The animal is always our priority and WYAIN...
- helps hundreds of animals worldwide every year...dogs, cats, donkeys, horses, rabbits and the list goes on;
- offers help, advice and support to other animal welfare groups and to the public;
- has a strict 'NO KILL' policy;
- insists on a strict neutering policy;
- helps to save dogs and cats from social media advertisements 'Free to Good Home' where they could be used as bait in dog fights;
- offers sanctuary to 27 long term resident cats who would otherwise have been euthanised due to health/ mental issues;
- looks after six feral cat colonies;
- encourages and protects wildlife habitat with an extensive garden devoted to attracting wildlife;
- campaign, lobby and petition vigorously to improve animal welfare worldwide.
- organises 'DRIVES' for various items such as dog coats, dog collars, knitted dog jumpers, fly veils, noseband protectors, stockings, socks and such like. WYAIN then send the items to the rescues who need them free of charge anywhere in the world. This helps thousands of animals every year survive and improve their quality of life.
In 2002 the association Prietenii Animalelor (Animal Friends) was created and opened its doors to a shelter with kennel facilities on a property of around 6000 square meters in the city of Bucharest, Romania. At that time there was a serious stray dog problem in the city and many dogs were taken in and given refuge in this shelter.
In 2004 the population in the shelter had grown to a staggering 1200 dogs which further increased to 1450 dogs in 2007. The shelter was overcrowded since many dogs were unsterilized and the conditions not optimal and sustainable.
In 2007 the management of the shelter changed and 2 veterinarians took over. All adult dogs were sterilized, treated and prepared for adoption and over the next 5 years many dogs were sent abroad for adoption in collaboration with the founding father and owner of the shelter.
Today in 2018, the shelter houses over 300 dogs – the ideal capacity for the shelter - of which about 60 % are older dogs over the age of 9-10 years. They are the old timers and long time residents of the shelter.They are some of the initial dogs that were taken in back in the early years.
CALL FOR URGENT HELP!
The financial support the shelter has received over time has come to an end in June and the managers of the shelter are now faced with a dire situation that 316 dogs will starve to death if support is not found.
In JULY the food will run out!
The cost of just feeding these dogs is €1357 every single month. This is an ongoing situation until all the dogs are adopted. We managed to raise the amount needed to keep the dogs fed in June and now July is the month we need to raise urgent funds for.
We can't do this without your support...please DONATE if you can and SHARE if you can't. Every single penny will help.
You can keep an eye on what progress is made by clicking this link...
THANK YOU FOR CARING AND SHARING - IT'S APPRECIATED!