THIS IS WHAT WE DO ... THIS IS OUR CALLING , OUR PASSION AND OUR FULL TIME JOB
We live on a farm in Touwsrivier, near the beautiful Matroosberg Mountains.
Roscan Dog Sanctum - this is what we do
- The old, blind, deaf, abandoned and sick
- The ones with issues who will never find a forever home
- Almost any domestic / farm animal
- Adoption cases; after rehabilitation
- Healthy, retired dogs where owners are unable to keep them
We are not - A shelter
- A foster home
- A rescue organisation
We have, in the past year, started Roscan Lost and Found home for humans. We take in adults recovering from personal circumstances and addictions, in a Kibbutz environment.
We teach them - carpentry skills (our residents produce hand crafted furniture)
- animal husbandry (we have pigs, geese, ducks, chickens, turkeys, and dogs)
- farming skills (we plant our own crops)
- interpersonal relationship skills
We are, at the moment, providing for 10 adults and 57 dogs. In order to continue to provide to the community and the surrounding areas of cape town, we need to increase our infrastructure to provide improved and increased housing. We would also like to start helping the community with skills development and upliftment programs. We live a self sustained lifestyle, completely off the grid and all services are self supplied. Our current system capacity is very small, and we would like to expand it to grow our facility which will enable us to accommodate at least another 20 humans and 40 animals.
Visit us on Facebook on https://www.facebook.com/roscansanctum/