AeroScooter "- The road to world of freedom and dreams.
In today's world, people are increasingly begin to puzzle over the vehicle to the nearest and the distant future. It is understood that in a few decades cars will continue to be the main mode of transportation. But how will the development of the transportation further progress? Will a person be loaded into a new vehicle that will move with a great speed and not face a problem of the congestion, and the price will be comparable to the middle-class car?
The product of our project is a robotic drone aircraft that is based of the supported structure of the aircraft class “gyroplane”. The consumers of this product are allowed to be transported by air cargo or specialized equipment weighing 70-200 kg.
AeroScooter - is a personal autopiloted aircraft class "gyroplane" which allows any person to demonstrate the independent flight management skills; without the aircraft, fully automated by the autopilot. At the same time the person, inside the machine, receives the status of the passenger, not the pilot. Instead of the abundance of unidentified layman buttons, instruments and mechanisms in AeroScooter cabin, all you find is a passenger seat and a tablet computer.
Imagine the passenger of the AeroScooter, only needing to enter the destination point on the computer tablet and ... enjoy the flight! The "AeroScooter" will take off, fly and land at the desired destination.
The idea of creating cars manned aircraft is not new. At the CES 2016 in Las Vegas, the Chinese company EHang, Inc. introduced electric autopiloting quadrocopter named "EHANG 184". However, this project is far behind the "AeroScooter" project’s technical characteristics.
For example, the cruising EHang 184 speed is 100 km / h, while cruising speed of the AeroScooter - 120 km / h (depending on the power plant, the speed can be increased). The flight range of EHang 184 is 16 km (at the time - not exceeding 23 min.), and AeroScooter ranges up to 250 km (over time - up to 4-7 hours). Price points: the cost of EHang 184 will average in $ 250 000, and AeroScooter cost, depending on the configuration, $ 35,000 in average. The security features:EHang 184 control or power plant systems can fall and break, while AeroScooter will land in the normal mode (thanks to its main flight characteristic like autorotation (quadrocopter for this mode is not possible). These benefits are achieved through the use of of the internal combustion engine AeroScooter.
Ehang 184 supported structure uses “quadcopter” type. Because of the complexity of the design it uses DIC (quadrocopters motors) both which are high in cost and low in reliability.
AeroScooter built on the classic frame design aircraft grade "gyroplane" devices.
Gyroplane - a flying machine is heavier than the air, which creates a lifting force of rotor. The rotor rotates freely, under the influence of airflow. Another name for gyroplane is an autogyro.
Gyroplane is an intermediate type between airplanes and helicopters, with their superior flight safety. Gyroplane isthe only aircraft that does not require installation of additional rescue funds (when the engine is switched off, gyroplane lands in normal mode by wind milling, while remaining completely controllable). When planting the gyroplane one doesn’t require a runway. It can be planted with the zero mileages on the ground.
The main advantages of AeroScooter over other classic aircraft carrier system (airplane and helicopter):
- No need for aircraft management skills. The passenger of the AeroScooter doesn’t need the ability to control the aircraft or a need to obtain the documents for its management. Take off, fly and land– all by the control of the autopilot). Any person can fly the aircraft without the need for a long and expensive training (according to the principle: "He sat down and flew").
- Safe flight - up to 90% of aircraft accidents occur through the fault of the "human factor". On AeroScooter influence of the "human factor" is minimized.
- Easy to take off and land - a short run-up and planting (in the future development of the project - rise from their seats), virtually no path (doesn’t require an airfield infrastructure - only flat area is required for take-off and landing).
- Fast preparation for flight AeroScooter - minimum time of flight preparation (preparation time 15 min.).
- Easy to maintain - does not require complicated maintenance (service comparable to a car service).
- Low threshold of sensitivity to weather conditions - allows you to fly in a strong wind, turbulence. The turbulencefor airplanes and helicopters normally considered to be hazardous).
- Excellent visibility - the conditions of the surrounding environment of the cockpit viewAeroScooter surpasses the possibility of the view from the cabin aircraft or a helicopter.
- Easy to store - easy to transport and store (takes up a little space and can be stored in an ordinary garage).
- Versatility of the use of the medium - the possibility of taking off and landing on the ground (when using the wheel support structure), on the water surface (with application of the float support structure) or to a snow surface (skiing when using the support structure).
- Used as a cargo drone - allow the use of AeroScooter, as well as unmanned cargo transport, having the ability to take on board the payload or other specialized equipment, weighing up to 100 - 200 kg (or more, depending on the power of the engine and the fuel tank capacity).
Applications AeroScooter can touch virtually every sphere of human activity:
- flight performance for the personal use of the owner;
- administrative functions connected;
- transportation of passengers and cargo;
- air tourism;
- urgent medical care in remote areas;
- border patrols and protected areas;
- execution of specific tasks;
- search and rescue operations;
- chemical treatment of agricultural land;
- weather and ice reconnaissance;
- environmental monitoring;
- control of power transmission lines, oil and gas pipelines;
- monitoring of forest and agricultural land;
- aerial photography.
Design project AeroScooter:
Depending on results of a test maintenance, the design of "AeroScooter" can change; for the purpose of improving flight characteristics and the characteristics of safety.
To this day I have done a lot of work on the Assembly of the supporting structure autopiloting of gyroplane.
- R&D and assembly of a prototype of construction of the bearing frame has been carried out.
- Completed working out the technology of the control on the UAV of giroplanny type of a small class (to 3 kg).
- Assembly of system of the automatic control is made (autopilot).
- The control algorithm is developed by controls of the aircraft.
Several gyroplanes starred in the legendary and well-known films:
«Little Nelly» in the film «James Bond 007: You Only Live Twice» (1967)
«Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior» (1981)
The LLC «NetSky» company has been founded in 2015 and is a developer of innovative solutions in the field of midget aircraft.
The «AeroScooter» project was created from the private development of manned aircraft of the class "gyroplane". During the design of a bearer frame and electronic control, the idea of a creating a commercial robotic autopilted passenger and the unmanned aerial vehicle on the basis of a gyroplane – has came about. Further studies of the market have validated the choice made at the beginning of the project to develop autopiloted passenger and pilotless aircraft.
The main participants in development and promotion of the «AeroScooter» project are:
For successful implementation of the project we need no less than $ 45 000.
This amount will be spent to purchase components and the assembly of the experienced operating sample (with the minimum functionality). The prototype will be made without the lining (body) and with a conventional tail, which will still be able to demonstrate its flight characteristics and showcase the advantages of this project.
The most expensive part of the project is thedevelopment of the autopilot and gyroplane management system.
It is supposed to break the project into three development stages of the project in 2016, with allegedly total period – 6 months (taking into account situations, unforeseen for the project, extension of development till 12 months is provided). Small period of project development is caused by already existing practices and the manufactured accessories that will allow us to meet the scheduled deadline.
Your participation in the financing of the project will allow you to step into the world of atechnological development and it is possible that the project will be the "technological breakthrough" that will change the direction of not only aviation but also the life of all mankind.
You can become a member of the revolutionary technological change - the future belongs to the personal transport aircraft.
Let’s take the first step in this direction!!!
We can do high-tech projects. Not only the military but civilians as well can create the story that will dictate the vectors of the technological development of the world and implement technological leaps.
The contribution of each will not go unnoticed, and everyone will be able to say with pride: "I participated in this project."
Leave your mark in history!